Digital I/O Module for Lynx Aurora(n) Converter
Lynx Studio Technology announces the LM-DIG, an expansion module for the Aurora(n). It integrates seamlessly with the mixing and routing engine on the Aurora(n) and allows the Aurora(n) to replace any current Aurora system that requires AES/EBU connectivity.
The LM-DIG provides 16 channels in and 16 channels out of 24-bit AES/EBU, with bit-perfect transmission at sample rates of up to 192kHz. AES/EBU is a world standard for digital interfacing, and the addition of the LM-DIG to the Aurora(n) means that studios and engineers can quickly and easily integrate its superior audio quality and precise conversion/routing tools with almost any professional-quality recording system, control surface, or other tools that use the AES/EBU standard.
More Expansion For larger applications that require even more channels and varieties of interfacing, the LM-DIG offers expansion ports that support daughterboard add-ons. Coming soon, an optional daughterboard will allow for expansion to an additional 16 channels of AES/EBU for a total of 32 channels. Also, support for 16 channels of ADAT digital I/O will be available via another optional daughterboard.
- 16 input and 16 output channels on two 25-pin female D-subs, Yamaha digital I/O pinout
- 24-bit AES/EBU (AES3) data format
- Balanced, Transformer-coupled, 110 ohm, RF filtered, electrical interface
- 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz sample rates supported
- The LM-DIG module can be installed into any existing Aurora(n)-8, -16 or -24 with an easy and free firmware update. The Aurora(n) can also be purchased with the LM-DIG pre-installed. These models are:
- Aurora(n) 8-DIG
- Aurora(n) 16-DIG
- Aurora(n) 24-DIG