A Super Versatile and Classic Looking Ribbon Bundle!
If you are new to ribbon microphones you are in for a treat! The AEA R84 Ribbon Microphone is an outstanding general-purpose microphone, ideally suited for solo and accent work. It is hard to find an application where the R84 mic does not shine. Its natural sound and figure-8 directional sensitivity mean the R84 gives you everything professionals expect from a quality ribbon mic. No matter what you're recording, the R84 large ribbon microphone is up to the task. With this incredible bundle, including a boom stand, pop filter, and 50' mic cable, you'll be tracking great sounds in no time.
AEA R84 Mic Pack at a Glance:
- Outstanding transient response for natural sound
- Superb SPL handling
- Packaged with a high-quality mic stand, pop filter, and cable
Outstanding transient response for natural sound
The AEA R84 uses a big, 2.35" by 0.185" by 2 micron pure aluminum low-tension ribbon element, that ensures a quick response, whatever the application. This means that percussive attacks, vocal consonants, and other rapid-attack material are cleanly and accurately reproduced by the R84 with no "dull' or "flabby" characteristics. It sounds just like you're standing right in front of the source!
Superb SPL handling
The R84 produces solid bass down to 20Hz and clean, clear highs up to 20kHz. Plus, it's capable of handling better than 165 dB SPL at higher frequencies, so whether used on vocals or instruments the R84 offers a performance that covers the entire frequency and dynamic range yet is still intimate, warm and detailed, yet never harsh.
Packaged with a high-quality mic stand, pop filter, and cable
It really doesn't matter how good of a microphone you're using if you don't have a good way of hooking them up to your system. That's why Sweetwater put together this incredible package, which includes a durable Ultimate Support boom microphone stand, a Stedman Corporation Proscreen XL pop filter, and a Pro Co Excellines 20' XLR cable. Accessories can sometimes be overlooked when purchasing audio equipment. But Sweetwater has got your back with this awesome microphone package.
AEA R84 Mic Pack Features:
- Reliable ribbon mic with wide dynamic range
- High 165db SPL handling
- Classic studio look
- Figure-8 polar pattern
- High-quality mic cable, pop filter and stand included
Clear mixes are waiting with the AEA R84 Ribbon Mic Pack!
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional (Figure-of-8)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 165+ dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Sensitivity: 2.5 mV/Pa (-52 dBv/Pa) into unloaded circuit
- Output Impedance: 270 Ω nominal
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.2 kΩ or greater
- Powering: Not required or recommended
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure on front of microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M wired to a 3 m captive cable
Off Axis Response:
- Polar Pattern: Native bi-directional pattern
- Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, –35 dB null at 90° / 270°
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0° / 180° axis, –35 dB null at 90° / 270°
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 μ (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminum
- Ribbon Width: 0.185” (4.7 mm)
- Ribbon Length: 2.35” (59.7 mm)
- Included: Custom storage / shipping case, manual
- Optional: Any length cable, inquire for price and delivery.
- Limited Warranty: One year parts and labor, shipping not included. Three year extended warranty if the product is registered.
- Weight with Cable: 3 pounds (1.36 kg)
- Height: 11.6” (29.5 cm)
- Width: 3.9” (9.9 cm)
- Depth: 2.5” (6.4 cm)