An Amazing Stereo Ribbon Mic Bundle!
The AEA R88 stereo ribbon mic makes a habit out of stunning engineers with how big of a sound a single mic can get. The R88 boasts two Big Ribbon elements angled at 90 degrees, getting true stereo sound from a single microphone. A great way to get a spacious sound without the hassle of a multi-mic setup. And its large ribbons deliver effortless bass down to 20Hz. With a list of Grammy winning recordings to its name, the AEA R88 proves itself over and over again. Grab it in this bundle including a great mic stand and 25' mic cables today!
Great stereo recordings with a single mic
Utilizing two of AEA's signature Big Ribbon elements, the R88 stereo ribbon microphone is able to get a huge stereo spread with a single mic. Angled at 90 degrees and mounted in close proximity to each other along the vertical axis of the microphone, the ribbon elements are optimized to capture large ensembles as a great main mic. It is an excellent orchestral and choral recording microphone, and shines on applications such as horn sections and drum overheads. Whether in a high-end studio or in your home desktop application, the R88 mk2 puts the listener right in the recording room.
Larger ribbon element for wider frequencies and higher SPLs
The soul of the AEA R88 are its two large pure aluminum low-tension ribbon elements. At 2.35" by 0.185" by 2 micron, they're exactly like the one used in the classic R44. The resonant frequency of a good ribbon microphone design should be as low as possible, because longer ribbon results in the ribbon handling more sound pressure level (SPL). The R88's Big Ribbon technology ensures you'll achieve a sound that is smooth and natural. This adds up to a sound that is amazingly close to what your ears will hear when actually standing in the studio with the sound source.
Packaged with a high-quality mic stand and cable
It really doesn't matter how good of a microphone you're using if you don't have a good way of hooking them up to your system. That's why Sweetwater put together this incredible package, which includes a durable Ultimate Support boom microphone stand and Mogami 25' XLR cables. Accessories can sometimes be overlooked when purchasing audio equipment. But Sweetwater has got your back with this awesome microphone package.
AEA R88 Mic Pack Features:
- Stereo ribbon mic with wide dynamic range
- Natural and huge stereo sound
- High 165db SPL handling
- Figure-8, Blumlein Configuration (90 degrees) polar pattern
- High-quality mic cables and stand included
The AEA R88 gives you massive stereo sounds with ease.
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional (Figure-of-8)
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 165+ dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Sensitivity: 2.5 mV/Pa (-52 dBV) into unloaded circuit
- Output Impedance: 270 Ω nominal
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.2 kΩ or greater
- Powering: Not required or recommended
- Polarity: Pin 2 and 4 high for positive pressure on front of microphone.
- Connector: XLR-5M connector, includes breakout cable to 2x XLR-3M
Off Axis Response:Polar
- Pattern: Native bi-directional pattern
- Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, –35 dB null at 90° / 270°
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0° / 180° axis, –35 dB null at 90° / 270°
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 μ (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminum
- Ribbon Width: 0.185” (4.7 mm)
- Ribbon Length: 2.35” (59.7 mm)
- Included: Custom storage / shipping case, manual, 12-foot breakout cable, swivel
- Optional: Any length cable, inquire for price and delivery.
- Limited Warranty: One year parts and labor, shipping not included. Three year extended warranty if the product is registered.
- Weight with Cable: 5 lb 3 oz (2.36 kg)
- Height: 15” (38.1 cm)
- Width: 3”