Acclaimed Ribbon Mic, in a Matched Pair!
AEA's N8 Matched Pair joins the growing family of NUVO ribbon mics. In an industry where the technology changes almost daily, the NUVO line celebrates the ribbon microphone's tradition of the clear, natural sound you get when you use a ribbon transducer, but without the worries of fragility and distortion their ancestors exhibited. As you can imagine, the Sweetwater Studio's mic vault holds a treasure trove of sonic choices, and we can always depend on our AEA ribbon mics for intelligible, organic sound. Put the AEA N8 ribbon mic's depth and focus into your next mix.
AEA N8 Ribbon Microphone at a Glance:
- Classic ribbon sound for your recordings
- Versatile and durable recording tool
- AEA evolves the ribbon mic
Classic ribbon sound for your recordings
The N8 shares the same Big Ribbon as the R44, so you can be sure that you are getting true, quality ribbon transducer response and behavior. But the N8 is more than just an R44-lite and has a voice that's truly its own. Using phantom-powered electronics and a custom German transformer, the N8 gives you extraordinary detail without distortion - it doesn't just make great-sounding recordings, it's a mic that gives you the same sound you hear when you're standing next to your source! The aluminum ribbon gives you clear, warm sound for your recordings while delivering plenty of output for effective processing.
Versatile and durable recording tool
Fragile. If that's the first thing that comes to mind, or even the second, when you talk about ribbon microphones, you're living in the past. The N8 is designed to bring ribbon mic sound wherever you need it. Need detail and warmth from a string section? Done. You'll capture the warmth of the cellos and the detailed highs of every violin. Looking for clarity and response in your vocals? You got it! There's no muddy diaphragm you have to EQ the life into during mixdown. Want natural, focused, distortion-free sound for a remote recording? Here it is. Even over long cable runs, the N8 handles it all with ease. It's the ribbon microphone that's built to withstand the rigors of recording life, whether that's in the corner of your bedroom, a professional tracking studio, or as a part of your mobile recording rig.
AEA evolves the ribbon mic
A new player entered the ribbon microphone manufacturing game in 1998 - AEA. Established by engineers and technicians that had been repairing classic RCA ribbon mics since before 1976, AEA set out to not just pay homage to, but to faithfully reproduce the sound and performance of the original RCA 44 ribbon microphone. And to the acclaim of former RCA engineers, they accomplished just that. By engineering them with durability and versatility, the new designs, the NUVO series N8 among them, impart the classic quality and response into your tracks that you only get from a ribbon transducer that you, as a modern recording artist, demand.
AEA N8 Ribbon Microphone Matched Pair Features:
- Phantom-powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp
- Unobtrusive looks mean you don't have to sacrifice sound quality for video recordings
- Uses the same Big Ribbon element as the R44 for classic ribbon response and sound
- Includes protective sleeves for mics, stand clips, and a carrying case
- Requires +48-volt phantom power
Get that sweet ribbon sound with AEA's NUVO series N8 mic in a matched pair!
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional or Figure-of-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 141 dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Impedance: 92 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.0 kΩ or greater
- Powering: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure at the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M
Off Axis Response:
- Polar Pattern: Native bidirectional pattern
- Horizontal: Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, –35 dB null at 90° / 270°
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0° / 180° axis, –35 dB null at 90° / 270°
Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 μ (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminum
Ribbon Width: 0.185” (4.7 mm)
Ribbon Length: 2.35” (59.7 mm)
- Included: Storage / shipping case, microphone stand clip, custom protective mic sleeve, user manual
- Optional: Matched stereo pair, NUVO Windscreen, NUVO Stereo Kit
- Limited Warranty: One year parts and labor, shipping not included. Three year extended warranty if the product is registered.
- Height: 8.83” (32.4 cm)
- Width: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.62” (4.1 cm)