The AEA RPQ3 preamp and EQ utilizes AEA's newest 3rd generation circuit design. Two channels of high-output, high-impedance, and low-noise gain with our unique EQ architecture optimizes the performance of your microphones.
RPQ3 PREAMP OVERVIEW
- Two channels with 85dB of sweet, quiet, and mouthwatering JFET gain
- High-frequency CurveShaper™ EQ and low frequency proximity control
- 68k ohm high-impedance circuitry providing better overall transients, frequency response, and higher output sensitivity
- Post-Mic and Pre-EQ Inserts for convenient routing options
- Switchable phantom-power and polarity invert
- Made in the U.S.A.
ENHANCE YOUR RIBBONS
The AEA RPQ3 Ribbon Preamp and EQ provide two channels of high-output, high-impedance, and low-noise gain with a rich and natural sound that brings out the full potential of your microphones.
Specifically designed for ribbon microphones, the RPQ3 excels at drawing out the warmth and lush sound that ribbons are uniquely known for.
The RPQ3 is a powerhouse that provides unparalleled high gain with low-noise. With 85db of JFET output, the RPQ3 gives you enough juice to record soft sources without ever having to worry about noise.
The RPQ3 is the tool of choice for all microphones whenever a true and pristine signal path is desired. Our 3rd generation circuitry is the cleanest and most musical design we've done yet.
- Max Gain at 1 kHz: 85 dB
- EIN (Max gain, 22 Hz to 22 KHz, unweighted):
- -130 dBu (typical), 40 Ω source
- -128 dBu (typical), 150 Ω source
- Frequency Response:
- 30 dB gain: (-0.6 dB 10 Hz, -3 dB 160 kHz)
- 85 dB gain: (-3 dB 10 Hz and 160 kHz)
- THD+N: 0.0018% (1kHz, 22 Hz-22 kHz @30 dB Gain +4 dBu output)
- XLR Output Max Level: +27 dBu into 600 Ω load
- Input Impedance: 11.3 kΩ (with Phantom), 68 kΩ (no Phantom)
- Output Impedance: 50 Ω
- Max Input Signal Level: +20 dBu (minimum gain)
- Stepped Gain Control: 12-position switch from +7 dB to +65 dB
- Output Trim: Continuously variable from 0 dB to +20 dB
- EQ Circuitry:
- First order shelving response
- 20 dB max boost/cut high range, 10 dB max boost/cut low range
- Low frequency sweep continuously variable 40 Hz to 675 Hz
- High frequency sweep continuously variable 2 kHz to 28 kHz
- Input and Output XLR Polarity: Pin 2 hot
- LED Signal Level Indicators:
- Green LED ≅ -20 dBu;
- Yellow LED = 0 dBu;
- Red LED ≅ +20 dBu (clipping +27 dBu)