ATC Loudspeakers have been at the top of the list of pro quality studio monitors for decades. With their crystal clear high end, and tight, yet boomy low end, clients are always impressed, and mixes translates great from the studio to any listening environment on the first pass. The ATC Loudspeakers SCM45A Pro takes ATC’s old three-way speaker design to a whole new level.
SCM45a is perfectly symmetrical by design, making them very easy to position in your mixing room, and the ideal choice for a center monitor. Each speaker is equipped with two 6.5” low frequency drivers, by splitting the low end load to two speakers, SCM45a greatly reduces non-linear distortion from 20Hz - 380Hz. SCM45a is the first ATC speakers to include the new High-performance SH25-76S dual-suspension tweeter, adding little to no distortion at extreme monitoring levels, and always remaining crystal clear and airy on the top end.
A bass boost is built into the rear panel of the speaker, and can add up to 3 dB at around 40 Hz.
Each monitor is powered by a Tri-AmpPack, providing separate power amps for each frequency range. A continuous load of 150 Watts goes to the low frequencies, 60 Watts to the Mids, and 25 Watts sent to the tweeters.
- Drivers: HF 1″/25mm Dual-Suspension ‘S-Spec’, Mid 3″/75mm Soft Dome, LF 6.5″/164mm short-coil carbon paper cone
- Amplitude Linearity (±2dB): 70Hz-17kHz
- Cut-off Frequencies (-6dB, free-standing): 42Hz-25kHz
- Dispersion: ±80° Coherent Horizontal, ±10° Coherent Vertical
- Max. Continuous SPL (1 metre): 112dB
- Audio Input: Rear panel mounted female xlr (pin 2 +)
- Input Sensitivity: 1V rms (ref. full output)
- Input Sensitivity Trim: 0dB to -6dB/1V – 2V (continuously variable via rear panel trimmer)
- Input Impedance: Balanced > 10kΩ
- Amplifier Output Power: Bass 150W rms, Mid 60W rms, High 25W rms
- Crossover Frequencies: 380Hz & 3.5Khz
- Crossover Filters: 4th order critically damped with phase compensations
- Low Frequency Boost: 0dB to +3dB at 40Hz (continuously variable via rear panel trimmer)
- Overload Protection: Active FET momentary gain reduction
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 353 x 600 x 375mm (13.9˝ x 23.6˝ x 14.8˝). Handles add an additional 39mm/1.5″ to depth.
- Weight: 36kg / 79.2lbs (per cabinet)