Focal Shape 50
VERSATILITY AND FUNCTIONALITY
Shape 50 is the versatile monitoring loudspeaker par excellence. This monitor can be used from 30″ away (80cm), and it has very extended low end frequency response (50Hz) considering its compact design. Thanks to this design and to the numerous settings, this monitor is ideal for rooms measuring less than 130ft2 (12m2).
The three monitors are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximise acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Shape monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalisation of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what’s at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it’s also very precise in the very high end.
- Low directivity tweeter for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port allowing it to be placed near a wall
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers
- Threads for ceiling and wall mounts (fastening accessories not supplied)
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 50Hz - 35kHz
- Maximum SPL (musical signal): 106dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Inputs/ Impedance: Type XLR: balanced 10kOhms Connectors RCA: unbalanced 10kOhms with sensitivity compensation
- Midrange and low frequency amplifier: 60W, class AB
- High frequency amplifier: 25W, class AB
- Automatic standby: After approximately 30 minutes with no signal, Standby off Signal detection > 3 mV
- Electrical supply: Voltages: 220-240V (T800mAL / 250V fuse) or 100-120V (T1.6AL / 250V fuse) Connection: IEC plug and detachable power cord
- Settings: High pass filter: Adjustable Full range 45/60/90Hz. Bass (0 - 250Hz): Adjustable, +/-6dB. Midrange/bass (160Hz, Q=1): Adjustable, +/-3dB
- Settings: High (4.5 - 35kHz) Adjustable, +/-3dB.
- Power On/Power Off On/off switch on rear panel
- Standby consumption: < 0.5W
- Displays and controls: LED for power on/off and standby
- Woofer: 5" (13cm) Flax Cone
- Tweeter: 1" (25mm) 'M' profile Aluminum-Magnesium
- Construction: 0.5" (12mm) MDF
- Finish: Vinyl, real walnut and black painting
- Dimensions with four rubber feet (HxWxD): 12.3 x 7.5 x 9.5" (312 x 191 x 242mm)
- Weight: 20.7lb (6.5kg)