Focal Shape 65
THE REFERENCE OF THE LINE
Shape 65 is the reference of the Shape line. Although it’s dedicated to nearfield monitoring, this monitor enables extraordinary monitoring quality, in the lowest to the highest frequencies. Simply a must, this monitor will express its full potential from a listening distance of three feet away (1 metre).
The three monitors are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximize acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of near-field monitoring, Shape monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimized for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalization of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what’s at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it’s also very precise in the very high end.
- Low tweeter directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port allowing it to be placed near a wall
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers
- Fastening mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on the ceiling or a wall (fastening accessories not supplied)
- Threads for ceiling and wall mounts (fastening accessories not supplied)
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 40Hz - 35kHz
- Maximum SPL (musical signal): 109dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Inputs/ Impedance: Type XLR: balanced 10kOhms Connectors RCA: unbalanced 10kOhms with sensitivity compensation
- Midrange and low frequency amplifier: 80W, class AB
- High frequency amplifier: 25W, class AB
- Automatic standby: After approximately 30 minutes with no signal, Standby off Signal detection > 3 mV
- Electrical supply: Voltages: 220-240V (T1AL / 250V fuse) or 100-120V (T2AL / 250V fuse) Connection: IEC plug and detachable power cord
- Settings: High pass filter: Adjustable Full range 45/60/90Hz. Bass (0 - 250Hz): Adjustable, +/-6dB. Midrange/bass (160Hz, Q=1): Adjustable, +/-3dB
- Settings: High (4.5 - 35kHz) Adjustable, +/-3dB.
- Power On/Power Off On/off switch on rear panel
- Standby consumption: < 0.5W
- Displays and controls: LED for power on/off and standby
- Woofer: 6.5" (16,5cm) Flax Cone
- Tweeter: 1" (25mm) 'M' profile Aluminum-Magnesium
- Construction: 0.6" (15mm) MDF
- Finish: Vinyl, real walnut and black painting
- Dimensions with four rubber feet (HxWxD): 14 x 8.6 x 11.2" (355 x 218 x 285mm)
- Weight: 28.2lb (8.5kg)
Sold in single units.