LINE’S BENCHMARK PRODUCT
This standard bearer of the Shape series features two passive radiators, woofers equipped with a new Flax cone, and the latest “M”-shaped Aluminium/Magnesium inverted dome tweeter. Perfect weapon of mass production for professionals.
Shape Twin is made in France, just like Shape 40, 50 and 65. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, these monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms. Shape Twin stands out through its excellent rendering over the whole audio spectrum, its broad frequency response in the low end, and its high SPL considering its size. The compact design makes it easy to integrate even into the most cramped of rooms. Finally, its 2.5-way design gives it a real advantage when it comes to controlling the bass and lower mid-range registers which are the hardest to control in small rooms.
Shape Twin’s five innovations present a remarkable tonal balance, with very wide and precise stereo imaging. The low frequencies are well defined as well as controlled. The low-mid and mid ranges provide a true neutral sound.
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible sweet spot
- Designed without a port (double passive radiator) allowing it to be placed near a wall
- 2.5 channels to provide optimal control of bass and low mid-range registers
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high frequencies
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers
- Fastening mechanisms for mounting to the ceiling or a wall (fastening accessories not supplied)
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 40Hz - 35kHz
- Maximum SPL (musical signal): 110.5dB SPL (peak at @ 1m)
- Inputs/ Impedance: Type XLR: balanced 10kOhms Connectors RCA: unbalanced 10kOhms with sensitivity compensation
- Midrange and low frequency amplifier: 2 x 80W, class AB
- High frequency amplifier: 50W, class AB
- Automatic standby: After approximately 30 minutes with no signal, Standby off Signal detection > 3 mV
- Electrical supply: Voltages: 220-240V (fuse T2AL / 250V) or 100-120V (fuse T3.15AL / 250V) Connection: IEC connector and detachable power cabl
- Settings: High pass filter: Adjustable Full range 45/60/90Hz. Bass (0 - 250Hz): Adjustable, +/-6dB. Midrange/bass (160Hz, Q=1): Adjustable, +/-3dB
- Settings: High (4.5 - 35kHz) Adjustable, +/-3dB.
- Power On/Power Off On/off switch on rear panel
- Standby consumption: < 0.5W
- Displays and controls: LED for power on/off and standby
- Woofer: 2 x 5" (13cm) Flax Cone woofers
- Tweeter: 1" (25mm) 'M'-shaped Aluminum/Magnesium
- Construction: 0.6" (15mm) MDF
- Finish: Vinyl, real walnut and black painting
- Dimensions with four rubber feet (HxWxD): 18.8 x 8.3 x 11" (478 x 211 x 279mm)
- Weight: 24lbs (11kg)
Recommended Mounting Kits
- Wall mounting kit: K&M® 24471 + K&M® 24359 adapter
- Ceiling mounting kit: K&M® 24496 + K&M® 24359 adapter
Sold in single units.