THE ORIGINAL SUMMING SOLUTION THAT IGNITED THE OUT-OF-BOX REVOLUTION.
Born out of real-world necessity, this tool, the first of its kind, was created to bring back the analog sound-quality, feel and headroom that were missing from the digital mixing environment, while maintaining the fast DAW workflow, editing and recall capabilities that we all depend on.
Through cutting-edge analog audio circuit design the 2-Bus allows the full potential of your studio to be realized–audibly, in terms of sound quality, spatial detail and headroom–and ergonomically in terms of outboard equipment integration in the mix process. Designed and built with the highest quality components and a no-compromise attitude, this pristine audio path delivers nuance, depth and clarity to your mix without any added coloration, and thus allows the true nature of your recorded tracks and outboard gear to shine.
Searching for punch? Extended soundstage? Definition? Headroom? The Dangerous 2-Bus 16X2 summing device puts that all back into a lifeless mix. Much like traditional vintage consoles brought together multiple channels of audio, the 2-Bus receives 16 analog outputs from any DAW interface and combines them to stereo. This is its sole purpose and it performs more transparently and musically than any other solution.
- Massive Punch and Detail
- Clear Stereo Imaging
- Incredible Headroom
- Effortless Outboard Gear Integration
- The Top Choice of Mix Engineers Worldwide
True summing devices have no individual volume controls, pan pots or aux sends. Those functions are performed by the recording software to leverage automation and recall on demand. Furthermore, running your audio through unneccesary electronics lowers performance.
The measure of a successful mix is consistency: will it translate across multiple mediums like the radio, an iPod, home hi-fi, a car stereo… Therefore, a summing solution must be transparent, yet musical to deliver. Only if and when color is desired, then outboard may be called upon for this purpose.
The Dangerous Music 2-Bus leverages decades of collective experience from the world’s premier mix engineers to guarantee results.
- Unsurpassed Sonic Performance
- Stepped Attenuator Volume Control
- Custom Built Linear Power Supply
- Fully Linkable with 2-Bus, 2-Bus LT and D-Box
- Hand Assembled in the USA
You will hear the difference.
- Frequency Response: 1 Hz-100 kHz within 0.1 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.0045% +4 dBu input level, 0.0008% +22 dBu input level
- Intermodulation Distortion: 0.0055% +4 dBu input level, 0.0015% +22 dBu input level
- Crosstalk: > 101 dBu
- Noise floor: <-83 dBu total energy in audio band
- Max level: +28 dBu
- Nominal operating level: +4 dBu (1.228 volts)
- Input impedance: 25kohm balanced
- Output impedance: 50 ohms balanced (600 ohm drive capable)
- Gain accuracy: >0.02 dB @ 1 kHz for any gain setting
- Power consumption: 30 watts
- Warranty: Free 2 year extended warranty with online registration.
- Standard warranty: 90 days parts and labor, subject to inspection. Does not include damage incurred through abusive operation or modifications/attempted repair by unauthorized technicians.