A Flexible Headphone Amp for the Purist
Headphones are everywhere these days, which is why accurate, low-fatigue headphone reference monitoring is essential for professional audio engineers. Enter the Little Labs Monotor. The Monotor features a purist circuit topology with one state-of-the-art active stage per channel; the remainder of the circuit path is straight-wire passive.
There are separately amplified, dual 1/4" and 1/8" headphone jacks, and a single volume potentiometer. Little Lab knows that appraising your mixes in mono is essential, so the Monotor offers left-plus-right, left, right, and left-minus-right settings for checking phase and analyzing artifacts in compressed digital files.
Audiophile circuit topology for the absolute sound
The Monotor employs a cutting-edge, full-voltage low-noise internal linear regulation system with massive capacitance that delivers power on demand for each rail. As compared with most headphone amps, this allows for dramatically improved dynamic range.
Another benefit is that the Monotor will also be able to drive high-impedance 'phones to full volume with no problem, and with no noticeable hiss, even with the volume dimed.
Tech nerds here at Sweetwater know that this all translates to natural, accurate sonic presentation of the source material, thus placing the onus of accuracy on your choice of headphones.
Little Labs Monotor Headphone Amp Features:
- Separately amplified, dual 1/4" and 1/8" headphone jacks
- Extensive mono monitoring options: left-plus-right, left, right, and left-minus-right
- Ideal for checking phase and analyzing artifacts in compressed digital files
- Internal cutting-edge, full-voltage low-noise internal linear regulation system
- Audiophile circuit topology with one state-of-the-art active stage per channel
- Remainder of circuit path is straight-wire passive
- XLR/TRS combo jack inputs in parallel with TRS jacks for effortless in-line monitoring
- Stereo mini aux input for talkback communication or portable device hookup
- High-quality stepped volume attenuator with internal bypass for remote volume control
- Rack-mountable; up to 4 Little Labs devices fit in a 1RU space
- Upgrade your headphone monitoring with the Little Labs Monotor!
Input Channels Stereo, Dual mono
Analog Inputs 2 x XLR-1/4" combo, 2 x 1/4"
TRS (In/thru parallel with XLR combo), 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
Analog Outputs 2 x 1/4" TRS, 2 x 1/8" TRS
Controls per Channel Stereo Level control,
stereo/mono function switch (stereo, stereo reverse, mono, left only, right only, phase)
Form Factor Desktop (four units can be rackmounted in 1U space)