3124V Discrete 4-Channel Mic/Line Pre
- Classic API Circuit Design
- Uses API 2520 Op Amps
- Variable Output Level Control
- 3:1 Output Transformer Tap Selection
- Four female XLR mic inputs
- Four front panel 1/4" Hi Z instrument inputs
- Front panel polarity switches
- Front panel -20dB pad switches
- Front panel mic/instrument switches
- Front panel 48V power switches
Like the API 3124+, the 3124V is a high quality, compact, 4-channel mic preamp. It is equipped with the RE-115 K mic input transformer and the proprietary output transformer found in all API mic pres and throughout the API product line. Additionally, the 3124V offers Variable Output Level Control and switchable 3:1 output transformer selection. The unit has an internal 48-volt phantom power supply, which is switchable for each channel, as well as -20dB pad switches that affect both the mic and Hi-Z instrument inputs, both located on the front panel.
The 3124V also features up to 65dB of gain. Additionally, the Hi-Z front panel inputs feed directly to the op amps, which allow a low level input such as a guitar or bass to be amplified without a matching transformer or direct box. These Hi-Z inputs can take levels as high as +20dBu, making them perfect for keyboards and other high level devices. The mic preamp outputs are on rear panel male XLR connectors.