All-tube direct box with custom output transformers.
The number of A-Designs REDDI's in use on stages and studios all over the world is nothing short of staggering.
Quite simply, there is no better sounding way to convert an instrument, or line level signal, to XLR.
The same tone and sound from the REDDI is now available in a dual mono 2RU rack mount version. Designed with the help of top studio engineers and bass players, REDDI-v2 has been widely praised by engineers and musicians all over the world as the best-sounding DI solution on the market today.
It is important to note that the REDDI-v2 is not a high-gain device! Its gain structure has been painstakingly engineered to avoid the slightest compromise in sound quality. Inspired by the glorious sound of the Ampeg B-15 tube bass amp, the REDDI-v2 6N1-P tube-driven amplifier feeds signal directly into a hefty custom output transformer by Cinemag – a key component to providing a harmonically rich tone. The REDDI-v2's extremely wide frequency range (20Hz to 60kHz) prevents in-band phase shift, resulting in outstanding detail and realism. Another major benefit of its wide bandwidth is the prevention of LF phase shift by maintaining a linear response extending below the audible bass range, insuring a full, natural sound.
The REDDI-v2's distinctive bright red steel chassis sports 2 front-panel Neutrik XLR/1/4” combo input jacks, 2 balanced XLR outputs, and 2 1/4” thru-puts, for sending signal to a bass amp – not only useful for live applications, but also for simultaneously recording direct and miked amp tracks in the studio. A 0-16dB-Level control and a Red LED power indicator complete the front panel controls. The back panel contains a heavy-duty toggle switch for ground lift, along with the IEC power outlet.
The REDDI-v2 all-tube circuitry will enhance the character of any electrified instrument that runs through it -- not just bass -- but stereo keyboards, as well. Plug the pickup of an acoustic guitar through REDDI-v2 to add depth and fullness to its tone. Capture and improve all the richness and life of an electric piano or analog synthesizer. Warm up sterile sounding digital keyboards or drum machines by strapping a REDDI-v2 across their outputs – for stereo! The uses are endless.
- All-tube direct box with custom output transformers.
- Ultra wide frequency range (20Hz-60kHz).
- Neutrik input connector, balanced XLR out, and 1/4'' thru jack.
- Inspired by the Ampeg B-15.
- Clean and airy high end, warmth, transparency, and ultra high-quality sound.
- Level control.
- Ground lift.
- Ultra bright blue LED on/off lamp.
- Zero-feedback loop design.
- Massive, custom-wound transformers.
- 6N1P tube.
- Low-Z, transformer-balanced output.
- Frequency Response 20Hz - 60kHz.
- Input impedance: 1M ohm.
- Gain range: 16dB.
- Noise (EIN): -126dB.
- Output impedance: 600 ohm.
- Maximum level: +22dBu.
- Distortion THD: > .08 @ 1kHz.
- Power Requirements: 100/120/230VAC - 42W.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 19'' x 3-1/2'' x 10-1/2''.
- Weight 13 lbs. (4.54 kg.)