THE MONITOR SERIES
The Dangerous Music MONITOR ST is an audiophile-grade, multi-purpose monitor controller for tracking, mixing and mastering that won’t color your sound. With the SR expansion unit, you can turn the award-winning ST into a versatile surround monitoring system. Need to work in 5.1, 7.1, 10.2? No problem, just include as many SR units as needed. The MONITOR ST/SR combo is simply the most accurate, clear and flexible surround monitoring solution available.
IMPECCABLE SOUND, ELEGANT CONTROL
Designed by the legendary Chris Muth, the MONITOR ST/SR system handles all of your input sources and speaker routing with crystal clarity and massive headroom delivered from a meticulously designed circuit built from only the highest quality components available. With its relay-actuated analog stepped attenuator, ever-expandable input channels and speaker outs, programmable I/O levels, all controlled via the sleek remote control, you can accurately dial in even the most elaborate surround systems for rock solid imaging and crystal clarity. And because all the switching within the MONITOR ST/SR combo is handled by relays, your audio signals are delivered to your speakers unadulterated, removing all the guesswork while tracking, mixing or mastering.
SOPHISTICATED SURROUND SIGNAL ROUTING
The MONITOR ST/SR handles the complex routing of a surround system with ease. When used together, the ST unit routes your front L-R speakers, the SR unit seamlessly handles the remaining inputs and speaker outputs, while the straightforward remote manages both units as an elegantly unified system. All connections on the SR are made via highest quality DB-25 connectors, and even with just one SR unit you can instantly manage both your L-R stereo plus sub and your surround array with LFE, all without patching a single cable. There is also a dedicated port for sending the selected input source to a surround metering array.
The key to successful monitoring is dead accurate input and output calibration. With the MONITOR ST/SR combination, you’ve got remote programmable input level offsets and front-panel calibration ports for surround channels on the SR. You can approach the often-debated surround calibration process in whatever way you deem best for your studio, workflow and preferences.
ELEGANT AND EFFICIENT REMOTE CONTROL
Stay in the sweet spot while managing every signal in your surround studio. The MONITOR ST/SR’s award-winning, ergonomic, intuitive and indestructible remote control puts all of the functions at your fingertips – including individual muting of center, L-R front and rear, and LFE channels. You can even mute and solo channels in groups. The illuminated switches give you instant visual feedback of all your settings, while the stepped volume knob triggers the audiophile-grade relays in the main unit. Get this remote under your hands to find out why the MONITOR ST/SR has won a TEC Nomination, A Future Music Ace Award and was crowned a Certified Hit by Mix Magazine.
SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THE BEST DAC AVAILABLE
The Dangerous Music CONVERT-8 is the perfect DAC for use in a MONITOR ST/SR surround system. It’s eight channels of cutting-edge conversion technology – fueled by a custom Jitter Elimination Technology PLL, stringent Muth-designed analog topology and finely tuned reconstruction filters – The CONVERT-8 also features direct connectivity to the MONITOR ST/SR remote, seamlessly adding control over the CONVERT’s multiple digital input sources.
- Hand assembled in the USA.
- Audiophile-grade components throughout for crystal clear monitoring.
- Expand the MONITOR ST into an elegant surround system.
- Programmable remote tethered by a single Cat 5e shielded cable.
- Customize the analog inputs, speaker sets and dedicated subwoofer output.
- Audiophile-grade analog stepped-attenuator volume control.
- Adjust for and store level offsets for different devices.
- Dedicated meter outputs.
- Use with Dangerous Music CONVERT-8 DAC for direct remote control integration and unmatched clarity.
- Gain Tracking Accuracy: better than 0.05dB for 6 channels
- THD+N: 0.002%
- IMD: 0.003%
- Frequency Response: 1Hz-100kHz -0.1 dB
- Crosstalk Rejection: >95dB
- Nominal Input Level: +4dBu or -10dBV
- Crossover: -3dB @57Hz 18dB/Octave modified Butterworth/Chebyshev
- Headphone Amp: 0.002% THD+N
- Headroom: +25 dBu to main outputs
- Dynamic range: 110dB
- Maximum level: +25dBu
- Warranty: Free 2 year extended warranty with online registration.
- Standard warranty: 90 days parts and labor, subject to inspection. Does not include damage incurred through abusive operation or modifications/attempted repair by unauthorized technicians.