SCM20PSL Pro MK2 Passive
Got a great amp already? Introducing the new ATC SCM20PSL loudspeakers. Maintaining the strict performance criteria of ATC reference monitors, the SCM 20SL MKII offers project and home studios the dynamic range and pristine imaging ATC is known for worldwide.
Designed to fit within the company's highly-regarded line of speakers, the ATC "Passive 20" features the same ATC built woofer and tweeter as the active (SCM20ASL) version of the speaker. The SCM20SL MKII passives are housed in a conventional "pro-black" box for easy placement on any meter bridge.
ATC recommends amplifiers with at least 200W per channel of power. The Passive 20 loudspeaker enables ATC speaker fans to own a high performance monitor at half the price of the actives.
The SCM20SL Passive low-frequency section is a hybrid design incorporating a 150mm bass cone with a grafted 75mm soft dome for mid-range assist. The woofer magnet assembly utilizes ATC's unique "SL" technology to greatly reduce third harmonic distortion and reveal mistakes and details. The tweeters are ATCs new dual suspension high powered tweeters. They do not use ferro fluid for cooling so will last a lifetime. A newly redesigned crossover ensures a smooth transition across all frequencies. All ATC drivers are manufactured in-house to exacting tolerances and are legendary for their many design innovations.
- SCM20PSL Pro
- Drivers: LF 6.5”/150mm Super Linear, HF 1”/25mm Dual-Suspension ‘S-Spec’ Tweeter
- Amplitude linearity : 80Hz – 20kHz (+/-2dB)
- Cut-off frequencies : 55Hz – 25kHz (-6dB freestanding)
- Dispersion : +/-80° coherent horizontal, +/-10° coherent vertical
- Maximum continuous SPL : 108dB (per pair @ 1m)
- Crossover frequency : 2.1kHz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 75 to 300 Watts
- Nominal Impedance : 8 Ohm
- Connectors : 2 x Pairs Binding Posts/4mm Plugs – Bi-Wireable
- Cabinet Dimensions (HxWxD) : 450x250x294mm (17.7″x9.8″x11.6″)
- Weight : 18kg/39.7lbs (per cabinet)